Love is in the air!

Winter is a time of blustery winds, warm blankets, and book friends to fill your heart.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hair

http://youtu.be/7dyl0j3WU6Y


If you went to the link above you had the pleasure of watching the song Hair from the musical of the same name.

My thoughts have been revolving around hair. 

My hair grows very fast and as a child my mother kept it short. I hated it short!!! Then the 60s came and I remember the girls around the Beatles all had gorgeous, long, straight hair. Well, I had straight hair, and I didn't have to iron it to get it straight. If I could keep my mother's hands and scissors away, I could even have long hair.

I had a mission! I was going to grow my hair long. And I did. It didn't take very long to grow my hair down to my waist. When I had a baby she never pulled or yanked on my hair, until I cut it. 

I began to wonder if there was something to the Samson story. Did I become stronger with the length of my hair? 

At one point my hair reached below my knees. That was a challenge. The children were constantly getting lost in my hair. Sticky fingers pulled out braids. Tear streaked faces buried in the hair, seeking comfort and getting their tears (and noses) wiped at the same time. I spent a fortune in shampoo.

I have cut my hair several times and donated the hair, but still it grows back. I like long hair. I like the way it looks. The way it feels. I like the soothing feeling of the brush gliding through my hair.

Now we come to my dilemma. I always picture my heroines with romantically long tresses, but now I am thinking my current heroine might want to have short hair for work reasons.

I have consulted with an expert in the field and she said she kept her hair long while on the job. 

Eeeek! It sounds like a petty trifle to be fretting about, but I have to get a picture of my heroine in my mind.

And now I can't get that song out of my head!!! 

1 comment:

  1. May I ask how long did it take for you hair to grow to you waist and to your knees? -Curious

    ReplyDelete