Love is in the air!

Winter is a time of blustery winds, warm blankets, and book friends to fill your heart.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Special Guest Christina Tetreault

Christina Tetreault has dropped by the Spell Room for a little visit. The weather has taken on a bit of autumn chill so I have some nice hot mulled cider and gluten-free pumpkin cupcakes. (Ummmm, I love autumn foods!)

First I would like to say thank you to Liberty Blake for having me on her blog today.  Now I want to give you my opinion on Why Romance Novels So Popular and if you have a minute I would love to hear your thoughts on the topic.

Whether a sweet contemporary or a steamy historical, romance is in my opinion the best genre out there.  By why is that, you may be wondering?

Romance novels unlike other types offer you a chance to fall in love with the characters while they fall in love with each other.  Despite whatever events occur during the novel, you the reader, know that in the end there will be a happy ending.  And everyone loves a happy ending.  Didn't all of our favorite Fairy Tales end with “And They Lived Happily Ever After”. 

I also believe that romance novels are so spectacular and popular because there are so many types of romance novels available.  Readers can find everything from sweeping historicals, to sweet contemporaries and paranormals to steamy eroticas. 

Every romance readers journey and tastes are different so I am going to take a minute and tell you a little about mine. 

An avid reader and writer since about the age of 10, I discovered the world of romance novels a little late.  I picked up my first romance novel A Gentle Rogue by one of my all time favorite authors, Johanna Lindsey during my freshman year of college.  And I was immediately hooked.  Soon I found myself scouring the book shelves at Walden Books and Walmart looking for another great romance.  In no time I fell in love with other historical romance authors like Julie Garwood, Stephanie Laurens, Julia Quinn, and Hannah Howell.  Not long after that I discovered great contemporary romances by authors like Jessica Bird, Kristan Higgans, and Christine Flynn.  Next I found the whole paranormal world of romance by authors like Lynn Kurland and Jessica Andersen.

Today I read almost entirely romance romance novels from various sub-genres depending on my mood. 

In addition to reading romance, I began writing them around the time I got married.  For me it was just a natural progression.  Besides what could be better than writing about two people meeting, falling in love and living happily ever after?  Nothing, right?  My first romance, The Teacher's Billionaire came out in March of 2012 and is Free for all ereaders.

While getting published was always a dream of mine, it never would have happened with out the support of my family and OTHER ROMANCE AUTHORS.  I don't know about authors from other genres, but those who write romance are the best.  They are supportive and giving.  They are always willing to offer helpful advice or a kind word.  And I am thankful to every romance author I have worked with along the way.

Thanks to all the support and great friends I have made along the way I published the 4th book in my series The Sherbrookes of Newport last week titled The Billionaire's Best Friend. In my latest book we again see Lauren McDonald who we first saw in The Teacher's Billionaire.  In book 4 the one man Lauren never stopped loving returns to town and she must decide between the man who promises her the world and the man who has the power to crush her heart again.






Be sure to get all four of Christina's books. They are a great read. Especially on a chilly night when you wrap up in an cozy afghan with a steaming cup of hot chocolate or mulled cider to sip on.

Enjoy!





2 comments: