Love is in the air!

Winter is a time of blustery winds, warm blankets, and book friends to fill your heart.

Friday, June 30, 2017

My New Name

Last July, right be before I headed out to Nationals I did the thing I had wanted to do for decades--I dyed my hair purple. Not all of it, just underneath the back. Where it could be hidden if I didn't like it. (Small chance of that, but I listened to my adviser.) Since my hair is waist length, that is still quite a bit of purple hair.

The purple was still in my hair (the color stayed nicely) a few weeks ago when I decided to refresh the color. Now it is so bright it glows in the sun!

Yes, that is my real hair, the day after it was colored and trimmed.


Yesterday I had a business meeting I drove to in an unairconditioned car. I had pulled my hair into a high pony to avoid knotting and being blinded by it when it blew in my face because I had to drive with all the windows open, listening to NPR.

The traffic on 95 was a tad unpleasant until a car with three men rushed up beside me, and one of the guys yelled out his window, "I love your hair!"

I have reached the age where an unsolicited compliment can make my day, even if it could be classified as a cat call. 

I switched the radio to an "oldies" channel and the first song I heard was Mellencamp singing "Hurts So Good." Needless to say I started rocking out in the car and played drum on the roof while drivers played cat and mouse with openings in the road.

I am not a sedate woman, as any of my children will tell you. In fact, I can sometimes be downright embarrassing. (Think Auntie Mame!)

Last week my daughter Amanda Torrey dubbed me Nannylicious, much to the distress of my teenage grandsons. But you know what? I like it.

And so I enter the next stage of my life as Nannylicious.

Who do you plan to be?

6 comments:

  1. We provide 100% black magic busting and removal services for the permanent removal of Black magic any type of its evils like voodoo, hexes, curse spells, jinxes or any other evil practices like dirty spells, dirty amulets and ritual removals.

    If you are suffering from any type of spiritual problem you can get in touch with us by following the website like below to find out the proper solution and permanent protection against these evils.

    Kala Jadu, کالا جادو

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really interesting and appealing article.and i really loved your hairs it looks fantastic on you.and i also love this blog and the way you represent it.thanks for this amazing post.
    huawei mate 20 pro refurbished

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a very informative and interesting post.as soon i started reading this article it gain my interest and i really enjoyed reading it.you did an excellent job.i really appreciate your
    effort and keep sharing more blogs link this one. seotranings.pk provides you training of best course for
    Advance search engine optimization
    at low prices so what are you waiting for . visit our website now.

    ReplyDelete