Love is in the air!

Winter is a time of blustery winds, warm blankets, and book friends to fill your heart.

Monday, January 9, 2012


Jillian Chantal is visiting us in the Spell Room today. Jillian's newest story "Sophie's Snow Day" is out in Still Moments Publishing's Snowbound Hearts. Say "Hi" to Jillian.

Thanks for having me here as a guest, Liberty. I can’t wait to meet some of your blog visitors. I love making new friends.

I’m Jillian and I have a story in the Snowbound Hearts anthology published by Still Moments Publishing. My story is called Sophie’s Snow Day and it’s a paranormal story. The tag line is “A snowstorm can be a life changing event. Just ask Sophie.” 
My inspiration for this story was my cat, Dixie. I call her the demon cat and mean it in only the most loving of ways. She’s unique and has so much personality, it’s sad that she’s merely a cat. I know she dreams of being so much more. Maybe a pirate or a race car driver or perhaps even a masseuse (and I say that because of the way she kneads my head when she wants me to get up and feed her).

Anyway, the demon cat is a demanding little eight pound critter and wants to be let in and out onto our screened porch all the time. She whacks herself up against the French doors to get our attention much like Tobias does in Sophie’s Snow Day to get the attention of the folks inside the house. So, that was the beginning of my story and it evolved from there. I wrote it on a trip to New York and was really rolling along when I had to stow my electronic device for landing. Don’t you hate that? It’s always right when you get to the good part.

I’m thrilled to be in the great company of the other writers in this anthology. I think all the stories will be wonderful. If you read Sophie’s Snow Day, I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Thanks again for having me here, Liberty. I love to hear from readers. You can find me on the web at www.jillianchantal.com or Twitter at twitter.com/JillianChantal










Jillian Chantal lives in the Pensacola, Florida area where she practices law by day and practices writing fiction by night. She's a super Type-A personality and is never idle. She wishes she could be like a cat and relax. What an amazing life cats have- eat, groom, sleep and use the litter box; then do it all over again the next day. Jillian thinks she'd like that lifestyle but is quite sure she'd be bored in about two days. She loves to hear from readers and welcomes emails and comments on her stories.





Available at:
http://www.stillmomentspublishing.com/p/ebook-store.html












10 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me in, Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jillian and Liberty!
    I highly recommend 'Sophie's Snow Day'. This is a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great story. I can't wait to read it. I love to hear where people got their inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Darllene F. And Darlene. It's a convention of Darlene's. Thanks for the compliment, Darlene F. And Darlene, I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Jillian, on this new publication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cover. I'm taking it that it isn't out for the Nook right? Is it going to be? If not I'll bop over and pick up a copy of the format it's in.

    Wishing you mega sales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/121236 and
    http://www.eroticescapesebooks.com/catalog/Snowbound_Hearts.html
    are two other places you can get it, Lavada. The cover is spectacular, isn't it? Thanks for the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn I didn't wait. Oh well I'll see how it looks on the Nook in epub format. Or I will as soon as I get the Nook back from daughter and load it up from the computer. I think that might be a good gift for her or uhhhh maybe I need a tablet and she can just have it. Ahhhh justification :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heheh. That's funny Lavada. I love justification. It's one of my best friends. Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete